Partimage Recovery CD

Here are messages about how to use partimage from a bootable CDRom / floppy disk.

Moderator: feffer

b2dnz

Partimage Recovery CD

Post by b2dnz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi I'm trying to make a partimage recovery CD, effectively the drive has 3 partitions: OS, SWAP, IMAGE all are relevant linux partitions (ext3 and swap).

I have backed up the OS partition without a problem and tested and it restores fine using partimage (from SYSRECCD after doing the necessary mounting of partitions and running restore directly from command line with no GUI)

My next step is to effectively have a autorun script which runs once I boot a partimage CD (such as SYSRESCCD), the autorun script will effectively mount the image partition and run the restore command automatically

I have created a custom SYSRESCCD with my autorun.sh file on the CD root (as described on SYSRESCCD Guide), but it does not run the file automatically (or it does and i get no confirmation), I get an error as follows:
"Ignore insecure directories and continue[ny]?"

My Autorun.sh file is on the CD root and is as follows:
=============================
#!/bin.sh

mkdir /c
mount /dev/sda3 /c

partimage restore -b /dev/sda1 /c/image.gz
=============================

The commands in the autorun file run when typed individually so maybe I'm screwing up the script file.

To be honest I don't really need all the stuff that is on the SYSRESCCD, if someone can point me in the right direction, I would be happy simply to have partimage on a bootcd that automatically recovers the PC in the manner above.