I'm trying to help someone who has an old app running on an old 386 machine with a 500 MB hard disk running MS DOS 6.2.
They have an old custom COBOL data base on the system.
We hope to migrate the data...
- but first want to make an image of the 500MB system disk
- and put the image on another hard disk...
- then put that hard disk into a system
- and use it as the boot disk...
- and work from it...
- keeping the original hard disk as a backup.
- Which Linux CD distro should we use to do this so that we can boot on the linux CD and get partimage to make an image of the DOS 6.2 disk?
- Will PartImage actually make a complete image of the DOS disk... such that we can put the image on another hard disk ahd use that as the new DOS 6.2 boot disk?
Any tips would be helpful.
PS - someone suggested we use this distro...
How is this one? What are some others that are easy to use? (We are not linux folks :) so easy is important :)
Here are messages about how to use partimage from a bootable CDRom / floppy disk.
1 post • Page 1 of 1