Error: Connection refused

Here are messages about how to use partimage from a bootable CDRom / floppy disk.

Moderator: feffer

mantley

Error: Connection refused

Post by mantley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi, Can you help a Partimage/Samba novice please?

I've created an image of a PC with Partimage/SysrescuCD and am trying to connect to a Samba server share over a workgroup network to restore the image to another PC.

I can ping the Samba server, mount the share and browse to the image files in the Linux terminal.

I have set the root password to root.

When I run Partimage I set the parameters and type in the server IP address, press F5. It now asks for a username and password. I'm using the root account and the password I've changed to root.
Thats when I get the error "Error: Connection refused".

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

feffer

Post by feffer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Most of the basic questions about how to use Partimage are explained in the online-docs. Have you checked there? The "connection refused" message indicates something wrong with the IP, port, user, password or permissions. BTW, it's not a good idea to publish your actual username/password in public, so I assume "root" was just placeholder, right?

mantley

Post by mantley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 am

Thank you for your reply.

I can't see anything for the error I am getting in the online-docs but under the page "Network-support\Using a network filesystem". I can use the following line to created an image from the Linux terminal. It seemed to bypass the error I was getting with the username and password when running Partimage first.
"3.partimage save /dev/sda1 /mnt/samba/backup-of-sda1.pimg.gz".

Is there a simular terminal line I could use to restore an image?

Thank you in advance.

mantley

Post by mantley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:29 pm

I have managed to find the command line for the restore.

For example:

partimage restore /dev/hda2 /mnt/samba/image.gz.000

Thank you.