HFS+ support

If you have a question about a file system (for example xfs, reiserfs, ...)

Moderator: feffer

eirich

HFS+ support

Post by eirich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:50 am

Will there ever be HFS+ support? I just wonder because I work in an environment of Linux, Macintosh and Windows. I use a modified version of SystemRescueCD to image Linux and Windows computers and it would be extremely helpful if I could use it for the Macs too.

bobbyuser

Post by bobbyuser » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:16 pm

I manage a mixed desktop environment as well and would benefit from the addition of HFS+ support in partimage. This would allow me to use clonezilla to manage the imaging of my entire environment... hope it happens soon.

DrSunglasses

Post by DrSunglasses » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:03 pm

bobbyuser wrote:I manage a mixed desktop environment as well and would benefit from the addition of HFS+ support in partimage. This would allow me to use clonezilla to manage the imaging of my entire environment... hope it happens soon.
You can still use clonezilla for all your machines, because clonezilla uses partclone, which has HFS+ support.

sossjek

Post by sossjek » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 am

Does Clonezilla support ufs for FreeBSD file system?

SteveFlores

Post by SteveFlores » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:39 am

the details below came from clonezilla.org

Filesystem supported: (1) ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, (2) FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, (3) HFS+ of Mac OS, (4) UFS of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, and (5) VMFS3 of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS windows, Intel-based Mac OS, and FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, no matter it's 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in partition are saved and restored. For unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla.

Hope it helps :)