What I plan to do is:
1. Backup the first 512 Bytes of master boot record by
2. Backup partition table bydd if=/dev/sda of=backup-sda.mbr count=1 bs=512
3. Save partitions into image files by using partimage except swap paritition.sfdisk -d /dev/sda > backup-sda.sf
4. Create a QEMU virtual machine with the same size or larger than the old Red Hat 9 server.
5. Boot the virtual machine by using SystemRescueCD
6. Restore master boot Record by
7. Restore partition table bydd if=backup-sda.mbr of=/dev/sda
8. Restore partitions from image files to the QEMU virtual machine.sfdisk /dev/sda < backup-sda.sf
Have anyone done this before? Or does anyone know if my plan is feasible?
Thank you very much.