Partimaged Outfile Permissions

Messages about how to use partimage across a network (with the partimaged server, samba, nfs, ...)

Moderator: feffer

Rigorm0rtis

Partimaged Outfile Permissions

Postby Rigorm0rtis » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Is there any way to tell partimaged what permissions to apply to the files it creates? I ask because I have partimaged save captured partitions to a directory that is shared over samba. I made the partimag user a part of the group that can access the share (techs), the only issue is that when partimaged creates files, their permissions are set as 600, I need them to be 660. Is there any way to change this?

feffer

Postby feffer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 am

This is a bit old, so you've probably already resolved it. It's easy enough to change the perms after the image is saved using chmod as root.

Rigorm0rtis

Postby Rigorm0rtis » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 pm

The problem is that the outfile goes to a samba share that many of the techs here use. With the default permissions, the outfile is unreadable to any of the samba users.

Anyways, I've found a workaround that works fairly well. Writing directly to an sshfs share not only sets the proper permissions, but is somehow significantly faster than using partimaged.

Return to “Usage across network”