imagefile locked on restore

Messages about how to use partimage across a network (with the partimaged server, samba, nfs, ...)

Moderator: feffer

edeloye

imagefile locked on restore

Postby edeloye » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Running partimage restore from a script with the command:

partimage -d -b -g=2 -f3 -s partimageserver restore /dev/hda1 /partimage/data/hda1.gz

I get the message "imagefile locked". I can not find any documentation on what causes the file to be locked. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?

Thanks for any help,
Ed

edeloye

Postby edeloye » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:25 pm

If you are old enough to remember Pogo and his statement "We Have Met the Enemy and He Is Us" then you will understand that it applies here. :oops:

partimage was compiled on a Red Hat 7.3 system then copied to some other systems in the enterprise. The one I had problems with was a Red Hat Enterprise 3 system. I changed the cname record to point to an RH7.3 system and the restore worked correctly.

I usually find these things right after I post a question.

Ed

Lior

Postby Lior » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:34 am

Can you please explain in more details what did you change and how ?
I'm having the same problem and I'm a Linux newbe ..

Thanks

edeloye

Postby edeloye » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:03 pm

The problem was the fact that I was running the partimage server binary on an Red Hat Enterprise system but the binary was compiled on an Red Hat 7.3 system. If you get the source for partimage and recompile it on the system where you are going to run the partimage server it should work.

Good Luck,
Ed

Return to “Usage across network”