is partimage dead?

Discuss about the plans: what features to add, how to develop, ...

Moderator: feffer

holycow

Postby holycow » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:58 am

partimux ... don't know.

partimage is designed exactly for that from what i understand tho ... used sectors only. it's what allows me to image out hd's in minutes instead of half hour plus required by other approaches.

you might just need to resize the partition again, according to partimage manual what you got is exaclty what should happen.

as to the old posts, i don't see partimage as dead. some tools just work farkin brilliantly and this one is a life saver.

danieljones2006
Location: suite no.-20, apartment-5, Near W21st street,Zenia,California-95595

Postby danieljones2006 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Device Image is the one you should look for. Partimage is dead for sure

feffer

Postby feffer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 pm

As mentioned early in this thread (from 2004) Partimage has not been actively developed for over 6 years. There have been several attempts (including Device Image) to revive or rewrite it, but AFAIK none have come to fruition. I'm not sure why this is so, because the purpose and functionality of Partimage was very useful. Of course, dd still exists and IS actively under development. Also there is the file-level app (fsarchiver) that works very well. I've been testing it for whole partition replacement w/o problem.

This said, Partimage is still used by lots of people and it still works well -- within limits (read the manual for these). So development-wise, Partimage is inactive, but its niche use continues just fine. So this forum remains up, to serve those users.

Regards,
feffer

001preciolandia

Postby 001preciolandia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Is it stable as it is or should be move to a more developed sucessor?

Return to “Future”