HELP: no USB, no CDROM, just floppy booting... how to run?

Go there if you encounter an unexpected error when using the softare. For installation problems, use another forum.

Moderator: feffer

andwan0

HELP: no USB, no CDROM, just floppy booting... how to run?

Post by andwan0 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Just wondering how one can run this program on a laptop with no USB nor CD-ROM drive but do have floppy disk drive booting.

feffer

Post by feffer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:00 pm

If your system is Windows based, I don't think I'd bother. Partimage has not been under active development for some time, and only supports NTFS "experimentally," according to the file system support page. If you have a linux based system, you could dual boot and install Partimage to one partition and use it to clone the other. I still do this, at least for the time being.

andwan0

Post by andwan0 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

feffer wrote:If your system is Windows based, I don't think I'd bother. Partimage has not been under active development for some time, and only supports NTFS "experimentally," according to the file system support page. If you have a linux based system, you could dual boot and install Partimage to one partition and use it to clone the other. I still do this, at least for the time being.
No, C:\ is FAT16... and PartImage does support all old Microsoft formats.

Yes I had in mind to dual boot (install Damn Small Linux on another partition...hmmmmmm