Help with corrupt image

Go there if you encounter an unexpected error when using the softare. For installation problems, use another forum.

Moderator: feffer

matthewclaussen

Help with corrupt image

Post by matthewclaussen » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:01 am

I have used partimage for a while and have been thrilled with the results until last night.

I made a backup of my HD and through the process no errors showed up. I had saved some files to a different HD which I knew I would need once I installed a new OS. Turns out I didn't copy everything I needed so I said "that's fine cause I have my backup from partimage." But I was wrong because my backup from last night somehow was corrupted and when I try to restore the backup to a HD the process hangs around 48% and I am never able to complete the restore.

I tried copying over the images to a different computer and find out that file .002 of the 5 files .000 to .004 is the problem since my Ubuntu desktop won't let me copy over that file and errors out.

I was wondering if there was anything you could suggest to repair that file, force it to continue with the restoring or whatever will let me get my files off. Thank you in advance!