"Error ** cannot stop modules as autoconfig is still up

Go there if you encounter an unexpected error when using the softare. For installation problems, use another forum.

Moderator: feffer

epilip

"Error ** cannot stop modules as autoconfig is still up

Post by epilip » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 pm

I have used "partimage" from SystemRescueCd 1.3.3. Download, md5sum, cd burning of SystemRescueCd were OK.
I launched SystemRescue, wizard. Everything has started fine. I first made a trial of PartImage : i just typed a basename filename, not full path name : not "/mnt/sr0/mysave" but just "mysave".
I was wondering where this file could be. But partimage started fine, then slowed down and down and down and later it crashed.

I wanted to retry of PartImage with a correct and fully qualified name but the SystemRescueCd do not boot anymore.
After Entering Level 3, it displays the above message
"Error ** cannot stop modules as autoconfig is still up"
then unmount all and shutdown the PC.

Thanks for your attention and your reply.

feffer

Post by feffer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 pm

I have used "partimage" from SystemRescueCd 1.3.3. Download, md5sum, cd burning of SystemRescueCd were OK. I launched SystemRescue, wizard. Everything has started fine. I first made a trial of PartImage : i just typed a basename filename, not full path name : not "/mnt/sr0/mysave" but just "mysave". I was wondering where this file could be.
I have used partimage directly, but not with SystemRescueCD, so there may be some differences. Did you try a search for "mysave"? You're right in realizing that you need the full path to the image.
I wanted to retry of PartImage with a correct and fully qualified name but the SystemRescueCd do not boot anymore.
After Entering Level 3, it displays the above message
"Error ** cannot stop modules as autoconfig is still up"
then unmount all and shutdown the PC.
I think this part is really a SystemRescueCD issue, and not a partimage one. If you haven't already resolved this, try rebooting your PC normally, then try the rescue CD again. If that doesn't work, maybe try the SystemRescueCD documentation or forum.